The Dual Browser Technique – Using both Chrome plus Brave to achieve the perfect separation of work/home.
I have a work life and a personal life, and an office computer and a home computer. Keeping it all straight has been a perpetual challenge (nightmare). This technique takes advantage of Chrome and Brave’s nearly identical functionality and their ability to sync between multiple computers.
Here’s my solution!
- Install Chrome and Brave on each computer.
- Set both browsers to ‘sync.’
- Establish Chrome as your work profile browser by logging in using your work email.
- Establish Brave as your personal profile browser using your personal email.
- Set each browser to a different background color.
All extensions should work on both browsers, but you may need to manually install a few. You can now easily alt-tab between Chrome/Work and Brave/Home and immediately know which mode you are in by the color, no matter which computer you are using. And everything stays in sync.
Expert Tip: You can drag and drop bookmark folders and files between browsers!
Enjoy your new work/life balance.